Stephanie Reed Traband
Stephanie Reed Traband is a partner who focuses her practice on complicated commercial litigation, arbitration, receiverships, and enforcing creditors’ rights. Ms. Traband also has an appellate and international practice. She is on the panel of arbitrators for the American Arbitration Association for commercial and consumer matters. Ms. Traband is active in various bar associations, where she speaks on various litigation-related topics around the world.
Prior to joining LKLSG, Ms. Traband was a partner at Jones Walker LLP. Before that she was an associate at Proskauer Rose LLP and Hickey Law Firm, P.A. At her prior firms, Ms. Traband obtained invaluable written and oral advocacy skills in federal, state, appellate and arbitral fora. Ms. Traband has extensive trial, appellate, and evidentiary hearing experience as an advocate and adjudication experience as an arbitrator.
Areas of Experience
- Complex Commercial litigation
- Bankruptcy and creditor’s rights
- Appellate advocacy
- Securities enforcement proceedings
- Commercial fraud
Awards and Recognition
- Named a Florida Super Lawyer.
- Named one of the Top Lawyers in South Florida by South Florida Legal Guide.
- AV® Pre-Eminent Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell.
- Ranked in Chambers for General Litigation.
- Named a “Top Up & Comer” by South Florida Legal Guide.
- Recipient of Palm Beach County Bar Association Pro Bono Award (2007).
- Named one of the Best Lawyers in America
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- American Bar Association
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar (Sections of Litigation and International Law)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA), honorary member
- Miami International Arbitration Society
- Ms. Esquire
- Tulane University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Tennessee (B.A. in political science with a minor in English)
- Spanish (Conversant)
- Italian (Conversant)
- 3031 Inv. Corp. v. Ocean Bank, 23 So. 3d 238 (Fla. 3d DCA 2009)
- 14680 EMI, LLC v. TransAtlantic Bank, 103 So. 3d 243 (Fla. 3d DCA 2012)
- Carvel v. Godley, 939 So. 2d 204 (Fla. 4th DCA 2006)
- City of Miami v. Wynwood Cmty. Econ. Dev. Corp., 933 So. 2d 1184 (Fla. 3d DCA 2006)
- Della Ratta v. Della Ratta, 927 So. 2d 1055 (Fla. 4th DCA 2006)
- Dickson v. Heaton, 87 So. 3d 81 (Fla. 4th DCA 2012)
- Douglas Centre RB-GEM, LLC v. Ocean Bank, 17 So. 3d 306 (Fla. 3d DCA 2009)
- Fromm & Partner v. Bartels, 736 So. 2d 769 (Fla. 3d DCA 1999)
- Grove Isle Association, Inc. v. Grove Isle Associates, LLLP, 137 So. 3d 1081 (Fla. 3d DCA 2014)
- Howard & Associates, Attorneys at Law, P.A. v. BWCI, 298 So. 3d 684 (Fla. 4th DCA 2020)
- HSBC Bank USA, N.A. v. Buset, 241 So.3d 882 (Fla. 3d DCA 2018)
- SEC v. Natural Diamonds Investment Co., 493 F. Supp. 3d 1260 (S.D. Fla. October 2, 2020)
- SEC v.Quiros, 966 F. 3d 1195 (11th Cir. 2020)
- Levine v. Steiger, 765 So. 2d 249 (Fla. 4th DCA 2000)
- Promontory Enters., Inc. v. S. Eng’g & Contracting, Inc., 864 So. 2d 479 (Fla. 5th DCA 2004)