Jezabel P. Lima is a Partner of the firm. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and civil appellate litigation. Ms. Lima has vast experience trying complex, high-risk, eight-and-nine-figure cases in federal and state trial courts, and in arbitration proceedings. Ms. Lima has also represented some of the country’s largest title insurers as outside counsel on complex mortgage cases in federal and state trial and appellate court proceedings. Ms. Lima also works on litigation teams with counsel across the nation to manage litigation and assemble trial teams for maximum results for the client. Her work includes the management of complex ESI discovery, depositions, pre-trial motion practice and trial.
Areas of Experience
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Litigation
Awards and Recognitions
- Florida State Law Review Member
- Order of the Coif, Florida State University College of Law
- Civil Procedure Book Award, Florida State University College of Law
- Contracts II Book Award, Florida State University College of Law
- Creditors’ Rights Book Award, Florida State University College of Law
- Author of “Nothing Left of INDOPCO: Let’s Keep it That Way!”, 29 Fla. State Univ. Law Rev. 277 (2001), an article concerning the tax treatment of corporate acquisition costs.
- Author of “Navigating through Pregnancy Discrimination Legislation: The State of Affairs for Employers and Employees under Our Federal, State, and Local Law”, published by the Dade County Bar Bulletin in May 2010.
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- District of Columbia
- Florida International University (B.B.A., magna cum laude, 1998)
- Florida State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2001)