Stuart I. Grossman is a founding partner of the Firm. Stuart is Chairman of the firm’s real estate practice group, and has been since the firm’s inception. For nearly 20 years, Stuart has focused his practice on real estate and real estate litigation, representing buyers, sellers, lenders, developers, and institutions in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions, from initial acquisition through development. Stuart has represented several high-profile clients in eight-figure acquisitions, including a large Palm Beach County developer in well over 50 real estate transactions totaling more than $200 million. Stuart has also represented some of the country’s largest title insurers as an outside claim counsel on complex mortgage fraud cases, as well as helping to resolve various title claims in federal and state court actions throughout the state of Florida. Stuart has been appointed as a receiver and special magistrate by state court judges in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties in various real estate related matters. Stuart has received a number of awards and recognitions, including The Best Lawyers in America and Top Lawyers, among others.
Areas of Experience
- Real Estate Law
- Labor and Employment
- Complex Commercial Litigation
Awards and Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Commercial Litigation and Labor and Employment Law, 2013-2016 Editions.
- Listed in the South Florida Legal Guide’s “Top Lawyers,” 2011-2016 Editions.
- Named one of South Florida’s “Up and Comers” in the 2002 – 2010 editions of the South Florida Legal Guide, representing the top tier of lawyers in South Florida.
- Author of “What is an Insurer to Do?,” published in the Aviation Litigation Quarterly, 2001.
- Served as Articles and Comments Editor for the Inter-American Law Review from which published his article “International Citator.”
- Member of Phi Delta Phi Honor Society.
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Muhlenberg College (B.A., 1996)
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1999)
Professional and Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Representation of Palm Beach County developer in well over 50 real estate transactions totaling more than $200 million.
- Representation and counseling on behalf of national and local companies in various employment related issues, including discrimination and harassment claims, covenants not to compete, and employment agreements.
- Representation of highly sophisticated companies and individuals in a wide variety of commercial disputes, including business torts, product liability, construction, and real estate matters.
- Muscletech Research and Development – Represented dietary supplement supplier and manufacturer in the Hydroxycut litigation throughout the State of Florida.
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company – Represented national title insurance carrier in several complex mortgage fraud cases throughout the State of Florida.
- UBS Financial Services, Inc. – Represented UBS in a number of Federal and State Court actions throughout the State of Florida.
- Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc. – Represented publicly traded company in a number of matters in federal and state court actions.
- ADIRA S.A. – Represented manufacturers of press brake in product liability litigation.
- In July of 2007, an International Arbitration Panel found that a subsidiary of a foreign government had “patently breached its contract” with Mr. Grossman’s client, a Fortune 100 company.